2 pints Water
1 jar Honey
4 tablespoons Vinegar
Whisky – 1 cup (or to taste)
1. Cut up lemons and layer fruit in a jug with the sugar until all the fruit is used.
2. Cover with a plate and leave for 24 hours.
3. Add the whole to a pan and gentle simmer until all the sugar is dissolved.
4. Add honey cider or white wine vinegar and whisky.
5. Continue to simmer gently for about 5 minutes until the whole is disolved and a thick syrup consistency. Do not let the mixture boil.
6. When hapyy with consistency remove from the heat and strain the whole setting the fruit aside.
7. Allow syrup to cool