30g pine nuts
3 semi-ripe pears
Clove of garlic
120g soft goat’s cheese
loaf sourdough bread
1. Place the pine nuts, 4 tbsps oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper in a pestle and grind to a paste.
2. Slice the loaf and spread the paste on one side of the bread.
3. Place the bread on a hot, oiled griddle and toast until brown.
4. While the bread is cooking, prepare the pears by cutting them into thick slices, removing the core.
5. Gently toss the slices in a bowl with a little oil, the caster sugar and lemon juice.
6. Then griddle the pear slices, about a minute each side.
7. To serve, place slices of pear alternately with slices of goat’s cheese, overlapping.
8. Garnish with chervil leaves, a drizzle of oil and a grind of black pepper.
9. Serve immediately.