1lb small sausages
1/2 pint milk
1/2 oz custard powder
Salt and pepper
1. ?Mix together the custard powder and the flour?then mix with some of the milk to a smooth batter.?Beat well for five minutes, stir in the rest of the milk.
2. Season with salt and pepper and leave to one side.
3. Fry the sausages, remove from pan and keep hot.
4. ?Pour off some of the fat and save, leaving enough in the pan to fry the first pancake.
5. ?Brown the pancake lightly on both sides and roll up with the sausage inside.? Keep warm.
6. Add some of the saved fat to the frying pan and add more batter for a second pancake.?7. Continue until all the batter is gone.
7. Serve very hot with fried tomatoes.
A fantastic brunch dish….or as I have found a great one for the outdoors with a difference. The pancakes can be made in advance and layered between sheets of greaseproof paper then wrapped around the sausages…Your guests will be so impressed!